Friday, September 16, 2011

Brand Review - E.L.F. Cosmetics


elf CosmeticsA few weeks ago E.L.F Cosmetics was offering 50% off their already amazing prices.  I used it as an excuse to get a Haul!  I spent $70 including shipping and it was simply amazing how much stuff I got.  You can purchase E.L.F at Target stores or online at http://www.elfcosmetics.com/.  Target sells it at the regular price with limited selection, so it's worth it to get online and see everything E.L.F has to offer.  I purchased a ton of stuff so I can't possibly review every piece here, but I will tell you my must haves and the overall opinion of the brand. 

The biggest stand out product was the HD powder.  It was only $3 before discount and stands up to the spend $30 Makeup Forever HD powder.  Use this powder sparingly and it looks great on every skin color and type.  It also gives a soft, not matte look.  It looks beautiful in person and on camera.

The pressed powder products such as eye shadows and blushes are not very pigmented and have alot of fall out.  But if you work with it and layer you can end up getting a good result.  For the price it is fun to have some of the colors on hand.  Especially the blushes, which had a great rage in colors.

The loose powders like the pigments and matte eye shadows are VERY pigmented and go a long way, so use sparingly to avoid over doing it.  I also love the matte eye shadows to use as a eyeliner.  They have a slightly creamy texture and really adhere to the skin.  This is a great product, I just wish there were more options in colors.

The lipstains claim to be long lasting, but they didn't hold up like the MAC Prolong Wear.  But for the price, again, it held up good enough.  With a nice range of colors, Red Carpet paired with MAC's Cherry liner being my hands done favorite red color of the season!

Since the eyelashes were synthetic I didn't really want to try them.  But I am glad I did.  They felt light and natural and 2 pairs for only $3 felt great!  And for a limited time you can get some super fun feathered lashes in 3 different colors at a steal.

E.L.F carries a really nice line of brushes in both their Essential and Studio lines.  Get them all, they are worth it.

Overall I felt that this line was pretty good.  Everything was under $3 each before my discount.  If you catch one of their sales, which is frequent, I say you get a ton of stuff and have some fun with it!  You won't be disappointed. 

Get an E.L.F. Cosmetics makeup look by viewing this video tutorial:

Visit my Pro Makeup Artist Website!


















4 comments: