Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Video Tutorial - MAC Class Tutorial and Experience


The MAC at Nordstrom offered a class with their Senior Artist and Regional Trainer the other weekend which seems to be a rare occurance these days.  I can't remember the last time I attended one of these events, but I jump on the chance everytime it's available.  I didn't learn anything cutting edge or really anything I already didn't know, but I like to connect and talk with the trainers and learn more about what new products MAC is offering.  So this video focuses on some of the products that I picked up and a look that they showed us in the class. 

Products Used, Day Look: 
Prep & Prime Face Protect SPF 50
Painterly Paint Pot
Vanilla Pigment
Large Fluffy Brush MAC 224
Naked Pigment
Deep Purple Eyeliner (I used gel liner from http://www.coastalscents.com/) MAC used the Superslick Liquid Eyeliner in Smokey Heir
Pencil Brush MAC 219
Prep & Prime Highlighter Pen in Bright Forecast (also available in Radiant Rose for fair tones)
MAC Mineralize Cream Foundation (I used NC25)
Large Stipleing Brush MAC 187
Mineralize Blush from Quite Cute line Sakura
Prep & Prime Set Powder
Naked lip liner (I used Subculture)
Lady Gaga 2 Amplified lipstick (I used Freckletone)
Viva Glam 6 lip glass (I used a plum color by NYX in Golden Prune, http://www.cherryculture.com/)

Night Look:
Prunella eyeliner
Satellite Dreams eyeshadow
Soar lip liner
Pro Longwear lipstick in Love Forever

Tips:
Start with less and you can add more later.  It's easier to fix this way!
You don't always have to buy everything from MAC.  If you already have something similar at home then just use that instead.
Make it a night look by adding a plum color and liner to the lower lash line.
When you keep the eyes simple you can easily go from nude lips to bright lips without worrying that it will be too much.
When using the setting powder, a little bit goes a long way.  Try using it with a large fluffy eyeshadow brush instead of a face brush.







1 comment: