Monday, October 11, 2010

Questions Answered!

Hi everyone!  I got a few questions on Facebook about where to buy the makeup I use.  I use all sorts of brands, expensive to cheap and go everywhere to get it.  But the main staples that I have are these:

1. Palettes.  I get the big ones from http://www.coastalscents.com/ They are very inexpensive for what you get and the makeup works awesome.  My top picks to buy are the 88 color palettes.  There are 4 of them.  Colorful shimmer, colorful matte/satin, metal mania, and warm palette.  They are well worth the investment.

2. NYX cosmetics.  Another inexpensive brand.  They sell a limited supply at Ulta.  But I buy it mostily from http://www.cherryculture.com/ because they have the entire line and great prices.  My favs from them are the 10 eyeshadow Runway palettes, Mega Shine lipgloss, fake eyelashes, glitter eyeliners (w/ the tassles), and the pigments.

3.  I LOVE MAC cosmetics.  Go to Nordstrom instead of the pro store.  Although the pro store has the biggest selection, Nordstrom has a good enough one and the return policy and customer care is best.  I love their eyeshadows and lipglosses.  But I can get them thru NYX and Coastal Scents for so much cheaper.  I LOVE the Paint Pots, gel eyeliner, Opulash mascara, lipsticks, pro longwear foundation, and the Mineralize skin finish.  My advice is to spend money on a the face stuff, save on the color.

4.  I also buy a lot from retail stores such as Walmart and Target.  The brushes by Sonia Kusack are great and reasonalbly priced.  Walmart had these great HD brushes for so inexpensive.  I like mascaras from Loreal.  Lip Stains from Cover Girl. 

So there is a start.  When I post a tutorial using items other then what is above I will make a special note.  My hope is to soon do video tutorials, I am working on it.   Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment