Friday, October 08, 2010

Date Night Bling



So I am hopefully sort of going to get a date night with my hubby so I needed to come up with something hot for tonight!  I am wearing a black and navy blue sparkely tank top so that is what inspired this.  Who says you can't wear blue eyeshadow!?  To do the look for yourself- read on!

1. Start by preping the eye with an eye primer.  I used NYX eye primer.  I like it especially if you have dry eyelids.  But for the best hold up use Two Faced or Urban Decay.
2. On the eyelid only apply Benefit's Skinny Jeans paint pot with a soft fluffy brush. 
3. For all of the eyeshadow colors I used NYX Runway Collection in Jazz Night. 
4. Draw a "v" with the darkest blue color (third from left on bottom) and come in about 1/3 of the way.  Use a dense natural hair pencil brush to get the most precision.
5. In the inner eye use the light silver color with a medium eyeshadow brush.  Continue to lightly brush this silver color along up to the brow bone.
6. Now apply the bright blue color (second from left on top) with a clean medium eyeshadow brush.   Be careful to only stay on the middle of the lid. 
7.  Use a navy blue eyeliner on the top and bottom of the lashes.  I used MAC's Bloozy.
8.  With the same color you used to make the "v", use with a pencil brush to go along the lower lash line about half in.  Blend in the liner with the shadow and connect the lines on the outer lid.
9. Touch up as need be.  Add more silver for a little extra sparkle or add more bright blue. 
10. Use a soft blending brush and blend the look together.
11.  Now apply your concealer and clean up and shape your eye.  Apply foundation in only the areas you need it.  I used MAC's new Pro Longwear in NC35 and I really like it. 
12.  Apply your blush.  I used the Costal Scents blush pallette in the 10th color.
13.  Polish the look with MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish around the eye and nose area with a slightly lighter shade than your normal color.  I used Medium Plus.
14.  Dust over your entire face with the same Skinfinish but in your regular color.  I used Medium Dark. 
15.  Touch up your blush and add MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle lightly on top of the cheek bones. 
16.  Line lips with NYX natural lip liner. 
17. Apply MAC's Cherish lipstick.
18. Use a little lip gloss for some shine.
19.  Finish up with some amazing fake eyelashes or a volumizing mascara.

And there you have it.  Sounds like a lot of steps but I really broke it down and it goes really fast.  It took me about 15 minutes and while entertaining a handsome 5 month old. 

Why don't you give it a try?  Send me a photo of your version in the comments box or email me:   michellekinkaid@gmail.com.  I would love to see what you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment